Steven Gerrard Regrets Red Card in Liverpool Defeat to Manchester United

The club captain was sent off just 38 seconds after his half-time introduction against arch rivals United.
The former England skipper, who will end his long association with the Reds this summer when he moves to Los Angeles Galaxy, had just come on as a substitute only to be dismissed for a crude stamp on Ander Herrera.
Referee Martin Atkinson barely hesitated as he brandished the red card in the direction of Gerrard, which was his sixth in the top flight for the Merseysiders.
"I just need to accept it,


"The decision was right. I've let my team-mates and manager down today and even more importantly I've let all the supporters down so I take full responsibility for my actions.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.