Sergey Kovalev Halts Couragous Jean Pascal in Round Eight

“It was a good fight for the fans, an action fight. I did my best,” Pascal said. “I don’t want to take anything away from Kovalev. He’s a great champion but that was a bullshit stoppage because I was still in the fight. That was a tough fight for both of us, and I don’t know why the referee just stopped the fight. It’s not hockey.
“I was in the fight from the first round. I’m sure that I gave him his toughest fight. We should do it again. We should have a rematch.”
Pascal, 32, traded blows with the unbeaten WBA, IBF and WBO king over the first two rounds before taking a count in the third when a thunderous right hand draped him over the ropes. The former WBC champion – whose young daughter was taken from ringside in tears – struggled to clear his head in the fourth but provided just enough retaliation to keep him in the fight.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.