Hard work and determination pays; D. D. Dramani

In an interview with Happy FM he said "My dad, George Dramani and Jawula helped my vision after I set up a team to help give a platform for young talent development in the northern region and also aid develop football in the north because by then Real Tamale United (RTU) was the only division team available". He reminisced about his time at Gonja United and Lipple Stars. "I always wanted to rise the team high and also have the chance to Coach at a high level.  I remember I once wrote a letter to the RFA to play a tournament and promote the winner into the Division, this brought alot of controversy. And it was published in the graphic few days later that Lipple stars have been promoted into the Division ".He started playing football at Bolga with players like Bobby Owusu and Abuba Seidu. "I love football and I have never regretted getting involved in it though I loveed volleyball too: not playing but just watching and enjoying the tactics and individual brilliance.  I started playing football as an attacking midfielder and was named after one Hearts of Oak player "Goal machine" during my time at coast". He later became a defender because the opponents always equalize when ever he scores. And he excelled in that role and was applauded by all the spectators. Later I earned so division football with RTU as a defender, I felt inferior in the team due to the array of talents in the team like Clifford Addae and Isaah Bobby around the 1995 when the first under 20's where introduced. After getting some games under his belt he fitted well in the team. And captained both junior and senior levels of RTU before departing to Ebusua Dwarfs.
       He lamented about the recent poor management of teams in the league as compared to his time as a player and the low enthusiasm for youth development.  "Everything about me started in 2002 when Ben Cofie brought a 5 years development plan which has revolved Ghana football. I did lots of courses in football both international and locally because we have some very good instructors like Osam Dodoo and co. Even during this time I did alot of things in the game unannounced which earned me a place in Asante Kotoko via a call from Dr. Sarpong ".
   He said Kotoko brought him into the lime light and he really appreciates that and thanks Dr. Sarpong for the opportunity too.

Report by Nene Martey Botchway

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.