The Returns of Dan Evans to tennis after cocaine ban

Evans had hit a career-high world ranking of No 41 just a month before he tested positive for the drug in April last year.
The 27-year-old refused to go into the circumstances surrounding him taking cocaine, but the aftermath left a path of destruction throughout all parts of his life.
"It's a shocking drug and it's not just in sport, it's a life-ruiner," he said from the Scotstoun Leisure Centre, where he will make his comeback at the Glasgow Challenger this weekend.
"It's the worst thing I've ever done. It's a shocking thing to do, it's let down many people. Luckily I was never in the position where I needed to get help for that drug but I won't ever take it again and it's that simple.
"If you saw the ruins it left behind just failing a drugs test never mind what that does to people, you'd be pretty confident I won't take that drug again.
"But then everyone's got to move on from what I did as well. It's been a year now since everything happened, so I think it's a good time to just draw a line."

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.