Conor Benn welcomes father's advice

The unbeaten 21-year-old will have his first fight of the year against Chris Truman on the undercard for Amir Khan-Phil Lo Greco in Liverpool this SaturdayFather Nigel has flown over from Australia to offer support to his son, who says the former world champion taught him to take responsibility for himself in the unforgiving world of boxing."He's raised a young man, who is ready to face the struggles of life that come my way," Benn
"I learned, I picked myself up, I brushed myself down and I will learn and prosper. I don't need him there holding my hand. He's one phone call away if I need him for advice or anything. He's raised a good, humble, level-headed young man.
"Me and my Dad, as I've got older, I understand him a lot more now. We used to argue when I was younger, but as I've got older, I understand what he's talking about.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.