Cristiano Ronaldo makes sweeps the Ballon D'or award again........

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo beat Lionel Messi to win the Ballon D'or.  He won the 4th ballon d'or on Monday night, beating Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezman. Ronaldo won the award in 2008,2013 and  2014 , he is only player the second player to win it a total of four times, trailing only Messi's record of five.
      Ronaldo won the Champions League with Real Madrid and the European Championship with Portugal (the country's first major footballing silverware). He said after accepting the award "it's a special moment. It means that all my sacrifice was worth it . I'm very happy to win this award because I worked so hard. Alot of people helped me get here and it's not easy to get here. You can count on one hand players who maintain this level year after year. I'm one of them and that's a source of pride for me ".
    Ronaldo scored 51 goals in 54 games for club and country in 2016. Only Ronaldo and Messi have won the Ballon D'or since 2007, when Kaka won the prize.

Report by Nene Martey Botchway

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.