Katie Taylor targets a third world lightweight title in Philadelphia on St Patrick's weekend


The Irish star will be just one title away from becoming the division's undisputed champion if she adds the WBO belt on Friday, March 15, on a bill which also features Tevin Farmer's IBF super-featherweight title defence against Dublin's Jono Carroll.
"Ever since I won my first world title as a pro my goal has been to unify the lightweight titles, so this is obviously a massive step towards that," said Taylor, who could next target WBC champion Delfine Persoon.
"Volante is unbeaten so I'm expecting a tough fight, but that's exactly the kind of challenge I want. I think the better the opponent and the bigger the challenge, the better I will perform.
"It's a great card to be on, especially with so many Irish fighters on the bill on St Patrick's weekend in Philadelphia, so I'm sure it will be a special occasion."
The unbeaten Carroll has received his first world title fight following a split decision draw with Guillaume Frenois in an IBF final eliminator in December.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.