Gonzalo Higuain joins Chelsea on loan from Juventus


Chelsea then have the option to extend the loan deal for a season or buy Higuain outright for £31m, according to Juventus.Higuain spent the first half of the campaign on loan at AC Milan, where he scored eight goals in 22 appearances.
The 31-year-old striker is reunited with Maurizio Sarri at Stamford Bridge, having worked under the Italian during his spell at Napoli.
"When the opportunity to join Chelsea presented itself, I had to take it," Higuain told Chelsea's website.
"It's a team I've always liked that has a lot of history, a wonderful stadium and they play in the Premier League, a league I've always wanted to play in.
"I now hope I can give back that trust Chelsea have shown me out on the pitch. I can't wait to start and I hope to adapt as soon as possible."
Higuain will not be available for Chelsea's Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Tottenham on Thursday.
However, he could make his debut for the Blues when they face Sheffield Wednesday in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Sunday.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.