I am a leader for Chelsea after EFL Cup win over Tottenham: Eden Hazard


Sarri said Hazard was "not a leader" ahead of the match, suggesting he is more of an individual in the aftermath of a 2-0 Premier League at Arsenal.Hazard's response was to score the winner against Tottenham, with the 2-1 victory on the night forcing penalties. Chelsea won the shootout 4-2 to set up a final with Manchester City.
Sarri singled the Belgium international out for praise afterwards, describing his display as "wonderful" and attributing it to a change in mentality.
Asked if Chelsea delivered the kind of performance his head coach would be happy with, Hazard said: "I hope so.
"[In] the meeting we had before the game, we talked about going through and playing in the final. Now we are in the final so we are just happy.
"My job on the pitch is to do what I can do. Today I did so I am just happy. I always say that on the pitch I'm a leader. I think I'm a leader."

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.