Floyd Hints at Retirement Date

Floyd Mayweather says next month’s showdown with Manny Pacquiao could be his penultimate fight.
The undefeated multi-weight world champion is contracted to American TV network Showtime to have two more bouts, the first of which is the long-awaited megafight with Pacquiao on May 2.
And Mayweather says that after the showdown in Las Vegas floyd said he will enter the prize ring one last time.
"My last fight is in September," he said after his last open session before taking on Pacquiao. "I don't enjoy it like I once did. It is at a point where it is business. It is my job.
“I go to the gym, I train. I know what I have to do. There was a time when it was fun but I am to a point now where I am really over all of that stuff."
Victory over Pacquiao and another win in September would see Mayweather equal the record of heavyweight great Rocky Marciano, whose tally of 49 victories and no defeats has stood since 1955.
But Mayweather added: "Final one [fight] at the MGM Grand in September.”
The welterweight unification fight with Pacquiao will earn Mayweather around $120m (£81m) while the Filipino will pocket in the region of $80m (£54m).

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.