England's Andros Townsend Happy to Silence Critics With Equaliser in Italy

The manager praised England's goalscorer for producing "something special"it was satisfying to prove his enduring worth.
"It was really nice," he said. "It's no secret there's been criticism of my call-up to squad - as usual - but every time I've put on an England shirt I've always done myself justice.
"That's my third goal in seven caps and it was really important to come on and silence a few critics. I've done that, and I'm proud of my personal performance.
"I've been thinking about (the criticism) all week - I was desperate to get on that pitch and silence a few critics, and as soon as the goal went in I was thinking about all the people saying I should be nowhere near the squad.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.