Ben Nunoo Mensah Bids Good Bye To Ghana Weightlifting Association

The President of the Ghana Weightlifting Association Mr
Ben Nunoo Mensah has bid good bye to the association because his term as president is over and he is not seeking for re-election. Speaking to him at his base, this is what he told me about a week ago I met members of our Junior weightlifting team, I have just had a meeting with members of the Senior team too and colleagues it is with a very heavy heart that I had to inform them and now all members of the family that my term as President of the Ghana Weightlifting Federation has ended for some time now and I do not wish to seek for re election at our next congress. For close to 8 months now, I have been looking out and speaking to individuals who could also come on board to put in a bit of their energy, network, time and resources so we can continue to give hope and future to our young boys and girls, and it hasn't been an easy task. Thankfully Hon. Johnson Aboagye (a past President and a Patron),Hon. Jerry Shaib , Deputy CEO of the Coastal Development Company and a member of the Titans Weightlifting club) , Mr Kojo Choi (of the 3 C Weightlifting Club) and a few of our current executives have agreed to come and help to carry on with what we all started, I will be around to support and help the new board from the background, I have asked the Deputy Secretary General to as quickly as possible send notice for an elective congress and I hope a lot more of our family members will give themselves up for election onto the new board. I wish to thank my vice President Mr Isaac Tetteh(TT Brothers), members of the executive board, patrons, coaches, athletes and especially our media team who made all the difference in making sure our sports became one of the most populous and Ghana's finest on the continent in the last four years,.....you guys were great. I thank everybody for what each and everyone did. It was an experience of a lifetime and many lessons were learnt, some very happy, some extremely extremely sad, but that's life and in all things we give thanks to God. May he continue to bless our sport and may he bless our family.Thank you. What a good President he has been for the Weightlifting Association and May God Bless him in all things that he lays his hands on.
Story by Cecil Stanley Nii Teiko Tagoe.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.