Wawrinka Joins Simon In Tokyo QFs

Stan Wawrinka continued his quest for an 11th ATP World Tour title Wednesday at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships. The Swiss avenged his 2014 loss to Tatsuma Ito with a 6-3, 2-6, 6-4 victory in Tokyo.
"It was a tough match and after losing to him last year, I am happy to have gotten through," said Wawrinka. "I tried to mix up my play in the third set to move him around more. I have one day off now and will train to be ready for my next match."
Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Roger Federer and Wawrinka have secured their spots at the season finale, to be held at The O2 in London from 15-22 November. Four spots remain up for grabs, with sixth-placed Kei Nishikori working hard in Tokyo this week to join them.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.