Bonsu: Rangers ready to shock Sfaxien


Rangers’ Ghanaian goalkeeper, Nana Bonsu is upbeat about chances as they face three-time winners CS Sfaxien in a Group B Day Two clash on Wednesday in Sfax.

“I can't do anything on my own and I’m here today by the grace of God," the 30-year-old former Ashanti Gold goaltender told CAFOline.com.

Gifted with instinctive reflexes, Bonsu has provided so much cover for Rangers as the Flying Antelopes remain unbeaten so far in this campaign.

Ahead of their Total CAF Confederation Cup Group B Matchday 2 tie against CS Sfaxien away in Sfax, Bonsu believes Rangers path is already smoothened after beating Salitas 2-0 in the opening match last week, which is a great boost to their quest for their first continental silverware since 1977 when the West African side won the now defunct African Cup Winners' Cup.

Below are excerpts of the interview with CAFOline.com;

CAFOnline.com: How will you rate your performance so far in the CAF Confederation Cup campaign?
First of all, we are grateful to the Almighty for reaching this far. l train very well and we have worked hard as a team to reach here.
I had a wonderful period when we won the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) title in 2016 but I was injured for a greater part of last season. I came back and made a good game against Kano Pillars in the Aiteo Cup.

What do you make the chances of Rangers in the group which has two Tunisian clubs, Etoile du Sahel and CS Sfaxien?
In football, everything is possible for Rangers despite the fact that we have two strong Tunisian clubs with CS Sfaxien and Etoile du Sahel in our group. We are going to play football and that is the most important thing. Yes, the group looks difficult but nothing is possible in football. It's when we go for away matches that we are going to have big pressure to deal with; we shall do our best to ensure we qualify from the group.

How ready are you for Wednesday’s game against Sfaxien?
We are ready. I'm ready if I'm picked to keep and the most important thing is to help the team to victory.

Do you think your performance for Rangers may earn you a chance of playing for the Black Stars?
I'm focusing now on doing well with Rangers in the CAF Confederation Cup. I always say that national team is for everybody and when the time is ripe for me, I will be there.

What are your usual pre-match rituals?
I relax, sleep and pray to God. Sometimes I listen to music because gospel music keeps me in the right spirit.

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.