Robert Easter to defend title against Richard Commey:IBF

In September 2016, Easter got knocked down by Commey in the eighth round but carried on and eked out a split decision to win a vacant world title, which he has gone on to defend three times, including by split decision against Javier Fortuna on Jan. 20.
The IBF letter to Easter congratulated him for retaining the belt against Fortuna and added, "We wish you all the best for a long and illustrious career as the IBF lightweight champion."
And then the mandatory was ordered.
"Your mandatory defense is due on or before March 30, 2018," the IBF wrote. "The leading available contender is No. 1

Richard Commey. ... Negotiations should start immediately and be concluded by April 12, 2018. If you are unable to reach an agreement by April 12, 2018, the IBF will call for a purse bid to determine who will promote the bout, when and where."
Easter (21-0, 14 KOs), 27, of Toledo, Ohio, was ringside in San Antonio to watch Commey's fight with Luna as well as Garcia's hard-fought unanimous decision against Sergey Lipinets in the main event.
"It was exactly what I expected and if I had connected on more of my punches in the beginning I think the fight would have been over earlier," Commey said. "I was really trying to work on what we had been focusing on in camp but I just wasn't performing well at the start of the fight.
"It is the greatest feeling to get the win on my 31st birthday. I am looking forward to fighting for the 135-pound world title and becoming champion."

No comments

Theme images by adamkaz. Powered by Blogger.